About the Programme
The European Security Research Programme is a framework research and teaching programme in the Swedish Defence University. A central aim is to present research-based policy recommendations.
Research focuses on institutional factors that shape cooperation and capacity development related to security and crisis management and is conducted in the following areas:
- European security and crisis management
- The EU's Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP)
- The transboundary crisis management of the EU (health and civil security, protection of critical infrastructure, border security)
- Europeanisation of national security and crisis management
- The EU and Security Sector Reform (SSR)
International Research Groups
The Programme is part of the European Societal Security Research Group.
Magnus Ekengren Click name for more information
Department of Security, Strategy and Leadership, Political Science Section
Magnus.Ekengren [at] fhs.se / +46 8-55342713
Magnus Ekengren publishes in the areas of European foreign and security policy, crisis management, security sector reform, and the Europeanisation of the nation-state.