Terms and conditions
- Library cards are issued free of charge to persons 18 years of age, whom are registered in Sweden and can present a valid photo ID. In case of theft, replacement of library card and borrowed materials will be made free of charge upon presentation of a police report.
- Persons not registered in Sweden may register as patrons by presenting a valid passport or other photo ID, with a planned stay in Sweden for more than three months from the issuing date of the library card. Residential address in Sweden as well as full permanent address in home country shall be stated on the library application.
- The library card is used for borrowing material from the Anna Lindh Library and to log on to the library’s public computers.
Terms and conditions
- Patrons undertake to follow library terms and conditions of loans as well as rules regarding use of the library computers. Information and updates are announced on the library website. The patron is responsible for staying currently updated.
- Make sure to keep your contact information updated. The patron is responsible for the accuracy of the contact information provided. Update your information via My loans or by visiting the information desk.
- Please notify the library if your library card is lost! The patron is responsible for all loans made on the card until a notification of lost card is made.
- All loans must be registered on a self-check out machine or by the information desk. The library card or a valid photo ID should always be presented upon loan made at the information desk.
- Patrons are responsible for returning items in the same condition as when these were borrowed and on the due date by the latest, alternatively renewing the loans before the due date. This also applies in case of illness, travel etc.
- Patrons are personally responsible for loans until they have been returned and deregistered. Loans may not be transferred to another person. The library is not obliged to send notifications, this should only be regarded as a service.
- Return of loans are primarily made through the return self-checkin machine outside the library's main entrance, from Monday-Friday 8-17 or at the information desk during library opening hours.
- Library materials shall be handled with due care. It is not allowed to make notes, underline, highlight etc. Only one copy per title can be borrowed.
- An overdue fee of 5 SEK per loan and day is charged from the first overdue date. Employees and students at the Swedish Defence University (SEDU) and at the Armed Forces Headquarters are exempt from overdue fees. Patrons are automatically blocked from further loans and use of library computers at a fee exceeding 100 SEK . Patrons exempt from fees are blocked after the third overdue reminder. Non-returned, damaged or lost items must be replaced with new copies, or a set fee of 500 SEK per item plus an administrative fee of 250 SEK will be charged. Material with a purchase price exceeding 500 SEK will be invoiced the actual purchase cost. Loans not returned after the third reminder will be regarded as lost and billed the patron. An administrative fee of 250 SEK will be charged even if the items are returned. If the invoice is not paid, the case will proceed to debt collection. The paid amount is forfeited even if the material is found later on. If the invoice is paid before expiration date, no overdue fee will be charged for the overdue loan.
- Fees that are not invoiced should be paid at the information desk. Only payment by credit card or Swish is accepted, cash is not handled. Borrowers who consistently violate the library rules can be blocked from borrowing of materials and the use of library computers. Blocking decision is taken and lifted by the library director.
- Data on individual loans, orders and requests is not disclosed, in accordance with the Publicity and Secrecy (SFS 2009:400) 40 chap. 3 §. Handling of personal data applies to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Personal data registered in the library platform are name, surname, Swedish personal identity number, address, e-mail address and telephone number. These are required for confirming the patron’s identity and facilitate contact or correspondence. Personal data are deleted from the system two years after the library account’s expiry date. Personal data are only accessible to the library staff and system provider. The patron agrees to this registration and handling when signing the library card application. Please contact email@example.com should there be any questions regarding the registration and handling of personal data.
- The library public computers are property of Swedish Defence University and can only be used by patrons who have accepted the library conditions. Usage of library public computers is regulated according to existing law, the ethic regulations by SUNET and the internal rules at the Swedish Defence University.
- For Internet usage it is thereby forbidden to: visit webpages with pornographic contenct or racism, download program and files that can affect IT security and spread and/or dispose copyright materials without approvement from the owner. SUNET considers it unethical when someone tries to access network resources or other IT resources without having the right to do that; attempts to interfere with or disrupt the intended use of the network or connected IT resources; attempts to damage or destroy computer based information; clearly misuses available resources (personnel, hardware, software), infringes personal privacy; tries to insult or offend others. The public computers at Anna Lindh library are being monitored and events are being logged.
The loan period for library materials is 28 days.
Respect the license terms for the library's electronic resources. Printing and downloading articles from journals and other sources are allowed for personal, non-commercial, study or research purposes.
Reference works, archival materials, periodicals and rare books are not for loan and may not be removed from the library. Rare books can be studied at a designated desk in the library.
Renew or reserve
By entering username and password, you can renew your loans online through My loans on the Anna Lindh Library website. Renewal of loans, for a maximum of 168 days is possible for non-requested books. Loans are renewed via My loans (for loans not overdue). Loans can also be renewed by phone or email to the information desk. Loans made by employees at the Swedish Defence University (SEDU) and Armed Forces Headquarters will be automatically renewed for a maximum of 168 days. The loan is recalled if requested. Requested items are kept on a hold shelf for seven days.
Materials for research or study that are not available at the Anna Lindh Library may be requested through interlibrary loan by students and employees at the SEDU or the Swedish Armed Forces Headquarters. More information on interlibrary loan is found on www.fhs.se/anna-lindh-library
Copying & print-outs
It is possible to make copies and print-outs at the library.
The main library at 37 Drottning Kristinas väg is open to the public. The library service at the Armed Forces Headquarters is open for employees only. The library branch at Karlberg is open for students at the Military Academy Karlberg, employees at the Swedish Defence University and the Swedish Armed Forces holding keycard to Karlberg. Loan and transport of material in between libraries are handled by the main library.
Phone: 08-553 425 60
Fax: 08-553 425 68
Phone: 08-553 429 57
Library service at Armed Forces Headquarters
Phone: 08-788 90 12
Fax: 08-788 90 09