Strategic Talks: Mobilizing women, peace and security in Ukraine - gender perspectives on NATO and beyond
Welcome to the third panel discussion about the war in Ukraine in the Strategic Talks series, hosted by the Swedish Defence University's Centre for Societal Security (CTSS) and the Gender, Peace & Security Working Group.
Some of the issues that will be discussed are:
- Why are gender-sensitive responses, grounded in the UN’s women, peace and security agenda, needed in response to the war in Ukraine?
- What would such responses look like – now and then – and why are they lacking?
- How can the international community and NATO specifically, strengthen their involvement in promoting women, peace and security in Ukraine and beyond?
- What lessons, agendas and policies can we draw upon in order to strengthen social resilience and prevent inequality in crises (e.g. Covid pandemic) and conflicts (Russian invasion of Ukraine)?
- Leena Vastapuu, Associate Senior Lecturer in War Studies at the Swedish Defence University
- Clare Hutchinson, former NATO Secretary General’s Special Representative for women, peace and security
- Annick T.R. Wibben, Anna Lindh Professor for gender, peace and security at the Swedish Defence University
- Magnus Christiansson, Senior Lecturer in War Studies at the Swedish Defence University
Register for the event
The panel discussion will be followed by a reception. We kindly request that you register before May 9 at 12.
Please note that the seminar also will be broadcasted live as a webinar.