Vice-Chancellor of the Swedish Defence University member of the Government's Research Advisory Committee
The Government has appointed the Vice-Chancellor of the Swedish Defence University, Professor Robert Egnell, to be a member of the new Research Advisory Committee.
The newly appointed Research Advisory Committee will act as an expert group and advisor to the Government on research issues, especially ahead of the research and innovation government bill, which is expected to be presented at the end of 2024. This is stated in a press release from the Government and the Minister for Higher Education and Research, Mats Persson.
According to the press release, the intention is that the Research Advisory Committee will contribute with national and international insights, analyses and advice to research and innovation policy with a focus on excellence, internationalisation and innovation.
Members of the Research Committee
- Per Alfredsson, CEO, AstraZeneca AB
- Bertil Andersson, Professor of Biochemistry
- Birgitta Bergvall-Kåreborn, Vice-Chancellor, Luleå University of Technology
- Linnéa Carlsson, PhD student, Swedish National Union of Students
- Christofer Edling, Professor of Sociology, Lund University
- Robert Egnell, Vice-Chancellor, Swedish Defence University
- Magnus Eriksson, Head of Unit, RISE
- Claes Erixon, Global Head of Development, Scania CV
- Ann Fust, former Council Director
- Anders Hagfeldt, Vice-Chancellor, Uppsala University
- Sofia Lodén, Associate Professor of French, Stockholm University
- Amy Loutfi, Professor of Computer Science, Örebro University
- Sara Mazur, Executive Member, Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation
- Anna Wedell, Chief Physician at the Centre for Inherited Metabolic Diseases, Karolinska University Hospital and Professor of Medical Genetics at Karolinska Institutet
- Linus Wiebe, Fund Broker, Fåhraeus Startup and Growth Fund
The Research Committee's assignment starts on 1 September this year and runs until end of September 2024.