Invitation: Understanding the opportunities and constraints of EU Security Policy
What do strategic leaders working with civil preparedness and total defence in the European and global context need today and tomorrow?
When: 14:00- 16:00, October 17, 2022, followed by a reception
Where: Sverigesalen, Swedish Defence University (SEDU)
Faced with the current European geopolitical situation and will soon Sweden´s imminent Presidency of the European Union, the Swedish Defence University (SEDU) with support from the EU Commission Representation in Sweden are organising a seminar to discuss the following issues:
- What are the opportunities and constraints of EU Security Policy when it comes to resilience building, civil preparedness, deterrence and defence as well as contemplate areas where efforts are better served in other constellations.
- How can SEDU support and strengthen individuals’, organisations’, and countries’ ability to build resilience, civil preparedness, deterrence and defence by drawing upon research and evidence-based practice in education and training activities and in its role as a unique meeting place.
- Christian Danielsson, Head of Representation, European Commission Representation in Sweden
Key note speaker:
- François Arbault, Director Defence industry, Directorate-General for Defence industry and Space, European Commission
Moderator: Fredrik Bynander, Head of Centre for Societal Security, Swedish Defence University
- Stijn Mols, Head of Security and Defence Policy, European External Action Service, EU
- Johan Berglund, Head of Division for CSDP and sanctions policy, Department for European Security Policy, Government of Sweden
- Malena Britz, Head of Research and Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Swedish Defence University
- Lars-Erik Lundin, Phd, Coordinator of research, Royal Swedish Academy of War Sciences and former EU ambassador Vienna
Presentation of Strategic Leadership in the Global Societal Security Programme (SLP)
- Camilla Unsgaard, Head of International Programme, Centre for Societal Security, Swedish Defence University
- Robert Egnell, Professor of Leadership and Vice-Chancellor, Swedish Defence University
Hosted by Swedish Defence University’s Centre for Societal Security (CTSS) and in collaboration with European Commission Representation in Sweden.
Deadline for registration is at October 14 at 17.00 hrs (SWE time)