Workshop on Security and Strategy in the Baltic Sea Region 2023
The Swedish Defence University in cooperation with and supported from the Latvian Ministry of Defence will conduct a two-day workshop, May 31 – June 1, 2023, on Security Policy and Strategic Thinking in Riga, Latvia. Welcome
The workshop has the following objectives:
- Enhancing the doctrinal, cognitive and cultural interoperability.
- Assessing the security situation, from different perspectives, in the wider Baltic Sea area.
- Developing the participants’ strategic thinking.
- Strengthening the professional network with those interested in the security of the Baltic Sea region.
- Analyzing the current situation and providing recommendations on potential strategic options.
The workshop will be a combination of briefings about issues related to the security situation in the Baltic Sea area with discussions in syndicates and plenary.
An important part of the workshop is the dialogue between participants from different countries around the Baltic Sea. Participants include senior level leaders, including Brigadier General Officers and Colonels as well as civilians on the equivalent level.
The two-day workshop as well as the reception dinner on June 1 will take place at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija in Riga.
Dress code for the workshop is business casual (trouser suit or skirt with blazer, tie is optional) and the dress code for the dinner on June 1 is business suit.
Please submit your request to participate by filling in the request form below no later than May 1, 2023 .