Conference: Peace Research in Sweden 2022
Peace Research in Sweden (PRIS) brings together scholars from varying disciplinary backgrounds, providing an opportunity to share novel and emerging research on how issues of peace and conflict affect – and is affected by – our contemporary world. In order to further facilitate the generation of collective knowledge, the Swedish Defence University is delighted to host the biennial National Conference on Peace and Conflict Research in Sweden 2022.
In face of escalating climate change, a global pandemic, large-scale armed conflict, and other serious challenges to existing security frameworks, the study of peace and conflict is now even more important for understanding the rapidly changing security environment.
Call for papers
The conference will feature paper panels as well as a keynote speech on the conference theme “Peace and Conflict in a Changing Security Environment”. We welcome paper proposals on topics related to research on peace and conflict, broadly defined. These may include, but are not limited to: gender, peace, and security; climate and conflict; peace and peacebuilding; urban violence and civil resistance; international security; crisis management; democracy, governance, and political violence; conflict processes; negotiation and mediation; war and society; peacekeeping and intervention.
- Submit your paper proposal electronically to email@example.com.
- The submission deadline is 23 June 2022.
- The paper proposal should include a paper title, an abstract (max 200 words), your name, institutional affiliation, and position, as well as your email address.
- If the paper has multiple authors, please indicate who is planning to attend the conference.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent out by 1 July 2022 at the latest.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the organizers through Emil Petersson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to welcoming you to Stockholm!