Borrowing conditions and information
About library account and borrowing
Here you can find the complete borrowing terms and conditions; otherwise this is a condensed version of the library's borrowing conditions.
- As a library user, you agree to follow the library's borrowing conditions and rules for use of the library computers. All information and any changes are shown on the library's website.
- Remember to report changes in contact details such as address or e-mail via My loans. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the information.
- All borrowing must be registered at the information desk or in the self service machine.
- As a library user, you are responsible for returning the books in the same condition as when you borrowed them. The books must be returned by the stated return date at the latest. Alternatively, you can renew the books before the loan period ends.
- You are personally responsible for everything you have borrowed until it has been unregistered. You may not transfer loans to another person.
- You can return loans in the self service machine for returns, the book drop outside the library or at our information desk when it is staffed.
- Be careful with the library's material. You must not make marks, underlinings or anything else.
Suspension from borrowing
Borrowers who consistently violate the library rules can be blocked from borrowing and from using the library's computers. Suspension decisions are taken and lifted by the library manager.
Information about an individual's loans, orders and reservations is not disclosed, pursuant to the Public Access to Information and Secrecy Act (SFS 2009:400).
For the processing of personal data, the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with the associated National Additions (SFS 2018:218) applies.
Contact us if you have any questions concerning your personal data. In the first instance, approach the registrar at our university secretariat: