Access card

Access cards are used in the premises of the Swedish Defence University. It is important that you have knowledge of the rules for card and what you should do if you lose your card.

You get your access card after registration on you course or your programme, at the earliest on the first day of the semester. Your access card enables you to enter facilities that are not open to the public.

Rules for access cards

  • The card may not be lent to anyone.
  • The entry card is personal and has a unique code. Never keep the card and code together.
  • Do not let people who do not have their own entry card into sectioned parts of the premises (where access cards are required).

You are only allowed to bring guests to the university when the premises is open to the public and only in the areas that does not require an access card. When the university is open for the public, students are allowed to bring one guest to the regular pub evenings at the Officers' Mess. You are responsible for the whereabouts of your guest.

If the university is completely closed to the general public, students are not allowed to bring any external guests to the Officers' Mess.

Please note that the university’s premises have different opening hours and that your access to the premises may vary. When you receive your entry card, you will be notified which times you may be on the premises.

If you lose your entry card, you should immediately have the card blocked by notifying the guard at reception.

If you do not find the card within a week, you may be required to replace it at a cost of SEK 100.

If you have forgotten or lost your access card, you can borrow one at reception by showing identification.

The borrowed card is valid on the same day until midnight and must be returned the next day. When you use a borrowed card, your own card is blocked for security reasons.

When you finish your studies, return your access card to reception. If reception is closed, there is a mailbox for entry cards at the main entrance.