Application fees and tuition fees

From the Autumn Term of 2011 applicants who are not citizens of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland must pay an application fee and tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate courses (in accordance with Regulation 2010:543).

Application fee

The application fee is SEK 900 and is to be paid at the time of applying for a course. When you apply via www.universityadmissions.se payment is made to the Swedish Council for Higher Education (Universitets- och högskolerådet). This fee is an administrative fee, which will not be refunded, and applies for applications for one or more courses. Applications will not be processed without payment of the fee.

Read more information about the application fee at www.universityadmissions.se.

Tuition fees

The amount charged for tuition fees is decided by individual universities/colleges based on the principle of full cost coverage and will be the same for all fee-paying students who attend the same course at the same time. Applicants will be invoiced for tuition fees by individual universities/colleges.

Payment of tuition fees is required in order to obtain a student residence permit and to start your studies. Any offer of a course place is provisional until tuition fees are paid.

Tuition fees at the Swedish Defence University

Tuition fees at the Swedish Defence University are SEK 90 000/year (60 credits) at basic level and SEK 105 000/year (60 credits) at advanced level.

Read more about application and tuition fees and whether or not you are obliged to pay fees at www.universityadmissions.se.

For more information about tuition fees at the Swedish Defence University, contact the Student and Education Section at fus@fhs.se.

Residence permits and visas

International students from outside the EU/EEA who are admitted for studies lasting longer than three months must apply for a residence permit. In order to be granted a residence permit you must be admitted to full-time studies that require full-time attendance. You apply for a residence permit at the Swedish Migration Board ("Migrationsverket"). You will find more information on how you apply on their webpage.

For studies shorter than three months, an entry visa is instead required for citizens from countries outside the EU/EEA. Visas are issued for short-term visits up to 90 days. You will find more information on how you apply for a visa in the link to the right.

Useful information

If you are considering studying at the SEDU, you will find a couple of useful links about studying in Sweden and qualifications recognition below.

Applications for the courses at the SEDU are made via www.universityadmissions.se unless stated otherwise at the course page on our website.