Do you want to improve your language skills, expand your international network and experience memories for life?
During your time as a student, you can spend part of your education abroad. The Swedish Defence University has partner universities in a number of countries and there are various forms of exchanges to choose from.
Via Erasmus+ you can receive a scholarship for studies or traineeships in countries within the EU. Both civilian students and students on the Officers’ Programme can apply for exchange studies via Erasmus+.
Partner universities in the EU
At the moment, the Swedish Defence University has agreements with the following universities:
- University of St Andrews, Scotland
- Sciences Po Paris, France
- Sciences Po Grenoble, France
- University of Defence, Czech Republic
- Varna Free University, Bulgaria
- General Tadeusz Kościuszko Military Academy of Land Forces, Poland
- War Studies University, Poland
- University of Bologna, Italy
The Swedish Defence University's partner education institutions for officer students are:
The Swedish Defence University currently has the following partner education institutions outside the EU.
- Macquarie University, Australia (there are four places available to master’s students a year). The announcement is made in November and contains information about the application process.