Alumnus of the Year
The Swedish Defence University has established the Alumnus of the Year Award to honour our alumni's career efforts and contributions to society and the university. Nomination for Alumnus of the Year 2024 is open. Your nomination should be submitted no later than August 15, 2024.
The Alumnus of the Year Award will be presented to one or two alumnus per year. The award was established and awarded for the first time in 2023. Nominations can be made all year round but the deadline for the 2024 award is August 15.
In order to be nominated for Alumnus of the Year, the alumnus must meet the following criteria:
- have a degree from the Swedish Defence University or
- have undergone higher military education (current HOP and former HSU, SU, Chief Program, etc.) or
- have passed at least 60 credits at the Swedish Defence University.
To receive the award, the alumnus must:
- have made a distinguished or interesting career and/or
- have made an important contribution to society in their field and/or
- have done something that benefits the university.
The alumnus of the year may not be a person currently employed by the university.
If you are an alumnus, student, employee, client, partner or have any other connection to the Swedish Defence University, you are welcome to nominate Alumnus of the Year. You may nominate yourself.
Jury selects Alumnus of the year
A jury headed by the Vice-Chancellor assesses the nominations and selects the Alumnus of the Year.
The laureates are expected to attend an event to receive their award and to give a short presentation about their work and career since their studies at the Swedish Defence University.