The Board of the SEDU consists of fifteen board members. The external members, including the chairman, are appointed by the government, normally for a period of three years.
External board members below have been appointed for the period May 1, 2017 to April 30, 2020.
- Peter Egardt, Former County Governor of Uppsala län (chairman)
- Lena Gerholm, Professor Stockholm University
- Gunnar Holmgren, County Governor of Västernorrlands län
- Annika Nordgren Christensen, CEO Tjäderns byrå
- Nils Svartz, Director General MSB, Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency
- Eva-Lotta Kraft, CEO Eva-Lotta Kraft Affärskonsult AB
- Annica Kronsell, Professor Lund University
- Klas Eksell, Major General and HR Director
The Vice-Chancellor is a constant member of the board. There are also three teacher representatives from the university, appointed by ballot for a period of three years. Furthermore, there are three student representatives on the board.
- Romulo Enmark, Vice-Chancellor of the SEDU, PhD
- Linus Hagström, teacher representatives, Professor
- Claes Wallenius, teacher representatives, PhD and Lecturer
- Irene Clément, teacher representatives, Head of the Joint Warfare Division
- Nike Hafström, student representatives, Chairman of the student union
- Adina Engqvist, student representatives
- Sudeshna Chowdhury, student representatives