The Board of the SEDU consists of fifteen board members. The external members, including the chairman, are appointed by the government, normally for a period of three years.
External board members below have been appointed for the period May 1, 2020 to April 30, 2023.
- Gunnar Holmgren, Director-General, Swedish Agency for Government Employers (chairman)
- Camilla Asp, Head of Department, Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB)
- Klas Eksell, Major General and Director of Human Resources in the Swedish Armed Forces
- Annika Nordgren Christensen, defense policy analyst, CEO Tjäderns byrå
- Mika Kerttunen, Associate Professor at the National Defence University in Finland
- Viktoria Mattsson, Head of Collaboration, External funding and Innovation at Luleå University of Technology
- Eva-Lotta Kraft, Director, CEO Eva-Lotta Kraft Affärskonsult AB
- Elisabet Nihlfors, Professor, Uppsala University
The Vice-Chancellor is a constant member of the board. There are also three teacher representatives from the university, appointed by ballot for a period of three years. Furthermore, there are three student representatives on the board.
- Robert Egnell, Vice-Chancellor of the SEDU, Professor
- Claes Wallenius, teacher representatives, PhD and Lecturer
- Irene Clément, teacher representatives, Lieutenant Colonel and Head of the Operational Functions Section
- Per Eliasson, teacher representatives, Lieutenant Colonel and Head of the Military History Section
- Ida Lewenhaupt, student representatives, Chairman of the student union
- Carl Hartman, student representatives
- John Nisser, student representatives