Notification of illness

If you become ill during your studies, you should report in sick. This is especially important if absence due to illness means that you risk missing compulsory elements, or if it may otherwise affect your results.

Notification of illness for those with study funding from CSN

Why should I report in sick?

If you study and receive student support from CSN and you become ill, it is important that you report in sick. This enables you to maintain grants and loans during the time you are ill. CSN can also take into account that you have been ill when they assess your study results before future payments.

How can I report in sick?

Report in sick as quickly as possible, preferably the first day you are ill. The easiest way to do this is on Försäkringskassan's website. There you will also find instructions on how to apply to keep student support while on sick leave (sickness allowance); what applies with different lengths of absence due to illness and when you need a doctor’s certificate.

Notification of illness on Försäkringskassan's website

Notification of illness on the Officers’ Programme

If you are a student on the Officers’ Programme, you should report in sick if the absence could risk impacting your results; as this in turn might affect your right to receive benefits from the Swedish Armed Forces.

How do I report absence due to illness on the Officers’ Programme?

Report in sick as quickly as possible if you think that you will be absent for a long period of time. Report your absence due to illness to your mentor at Cadet Battalion.

You should also contact the study counsellor for the Officers’ Programme to make an individual study plan for the parts of your education that you risk missing.